To welcome the New Year, we are excited to launch Persian/Farsi versions of the two thematic animations Gendered Transitional Justice: Why It matters, how to do it! and Gendered Devolution: Why It matters, how to do it!
These animations are part of the Better Peace Initiative’s (BPI) ongoing development of innovative and fun training- and advocacy tools focused on issues that are often included in peace talks. The animations are used by a variety of actors – from diplomats and governments to grassroots peacebuilders – to ensure inclusivity and gender sensitivity when tackling these issues.
We are thankful to be working with dedicated partners in the Women’s Alliance for Security Leadership (WASL) who continue to translate our BPI animations into local languages to respond to their own needs. We thank the OPEN ASIA/Armanshahr Foundation, Afghanistan for these latest ones! The OPEN ASIA/Armanshahr Foundation will be using the animations in their work on capacity building around Afghanistan’s Transitional Justice processes.
ICAN is grateful to Global Affairs Canada, the Compton Foundation, the Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs, the Royal Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and the UNDP for supporting our Better Peace Initiative!
We welcome translation requests as well as suggestions for thematic topics to tackle. Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Now in Persian, Gendered Community Policing and Ceasefire Agreements Animations
- Now in Russian, Gendered Transitional Justice and Gender Responsive Ceasefires Animations
- ICAN Launches Guidance Document on Gender Responsive Transitional Justice Processes
- Gendered Transitional Justice – Persian/Farsi
- ICAN Releases Gendered Devolution Animation in Urdu, Sinhala and Tamil