On May 21, 2013, ICAN co-founder Sanam Naraghi-Anderlini participated in Soka Gakkai International-USA’s Culture of Peace Distinguished Speaker series. As an advocate for the involvement of women at all levels of the peace process, Anderlini discussed the challenges facing women’s involvement in building and maintaining peace in conflict affected and transitioning nations, particularly those in the Middle East/North Africa region. In line with the Culture of Peace’s belief, Anderlini emphasized that women have been on the frontlines of revolutions and play vital roles in maintaining their societies and thus should be able to contribute to the building and maintaining of peace.
Check out some of the pictures taken by photographer Rob Henry below.
- Anderlini talks to college students in Oklahoma about women and peacebuilding
- World Views Interview with Anderlini
- N-Peace Awards – Vote Now!
- Reintroducing the Women, Peace, and Security Act
- Resisting the New Conservatism: Women’s campaigns for rights, peace and participation in Turkey. (Winter 2015)