On July 31, 2013 Representative Jan Schakowsky, with the assistance of Representatives Eddie Bernice Johnson, Mike Honda and Niki Tsongas reintroduced the Women, Peace, and Security Act. The bill promotes the active participation of women in all aspects of conflict prevention and resolution; integrates the interests of affected women into conflict-prevention strategies; promotes women’s physical safety and economic security; and ensures that women have access to aid distribution services.
“My legislation promotes the active participation of women in the process of conflict resolution, ensuring that their voices are heard and their concerns addressed in the process of reaching a peace deal,” said Schakowsky.
Read a draft text of the bill here
Read more about Schakowsky’s reintroduction of the bill here
- Anderlini Featured in Soka Gakkai’s Culture of Peace Distinguished Speaker Series
- World Views Interview with Anderlini
- Anderlini talks to college students in Oklahoma about women and peacebuilding
- ICAN and WASL Participated in the Tunis Forum on Gender Equality
- Women, Peace, and Security Act signed into law