Practitioners and organizations are gathering globally to form an independent alliance of women-led civil society actors and organizations working to prevent and counter all forms of extremism. Our purpose is to bring synergy and greater coherence to our existing collective efforts, to advance gendered understandings of and responses to extremism, and to collaborate strategically in providing clear alternatives that bring a just peace for all.
Read the Founding Statement here.
- Announcing Publication of First WASL Brief in Series
- Announcing the Establishment of a Global Civil Society Platform Dedicated to Preventing Violent Extremism
- ICAN and WASL release thematic briefs on the prevention of violent extremism
- Caux Forum training and interview on gendered peacebuilding approaches to transform violent extremism
- Global Solutions Exchange (GSX) workshop convened by ICAN and UNDP to address the disengagement, rehabilitation and reintegration of women and girls associated with violent extremism