Azza Soliman, well-known WHRD, lawyer and Center for Egyptian Women’s Legal Assistance (CEWLA)’s board of trustees head, was banned from travel. Azza was on her way to Jordan to participate in a training for Musawah’s movement when she was informed that she is banned from traveling based on a judicial order issued on November 17th, 2016. Azza was not summoned before to any investigations, or enlisted in any case. Last year, Azza was enlisted as a defendant after testifying against a police officer whom she witnessed killing another WHRD, Shaymaa El Sabbagh.
Read the full article here.
- Trial of witnesses to killing continues in Egypt
- Woman Human Rights Defender Shaimaa ElSabbagh Killed in Egypt
- أكثر من 350 منظمة عالمية تطالب بالإفراج الفوري عن السبعة مدافعات عن حقوق الإنسان السجينات في جمهورية مصر العربية
- Egypt: Hoping that the “Year of Women” will be nothing like the “Year of Youth”
- Prominent Egyptian Lawyer Declared Defendant for Giving Testimony on Killing of Shaima ElSabbagh