With preventing violent extremism (PVE) and promoting inclusion, access to justice, and good governance (SDG 16) on the agenda of the opening of the 74th UNGA, this policy brief highlights key challenges impeding progress on the global PVE and SDG 16 agendas, underscoring how they are two sides of the same coin. The brief highlights practical ways policy and programming conversations around these two agendas at the global and national levels can strengthen and further empower, rather than, as is sometimes the case, impede progress on locally-led action to achieve these inter-related objectives.
Authors: Sanam Naraghi Anderlini and Eric Rosand
- New Policy Brief: Sanam Naraghi Anderlini and Eric Rosand Co-author a Brief Discussing the SDG and PVE Agendas
- ICAN Co-Hosts UNGA Side Event on Linkages Between the SDG 16 and PVE Agendas
- From the Ground Up – The Nexus of Economic Policy, Gender and Violent Extremism
- Education, Identity and Rising Extremism
- Preventing Violent Extremism, Protecting Rights and Community Policing