ICAN seeks an experienced and highly organized Executive Assistant to provide comprehensive administrative support to the Executive Director (ED) and serve as a liaison with staff to ensure efficient workflow, including supervising office management and operations staff.
The International Civil Society Action Network (ICAN) is a DC-based non-profit organization whose mission is to support civil society activism in promoting women’s rights, peace and human security in countries affected by conflict, transition and closed political space. ICAN aims to support women’s efforts through bridging the divisions between activists and the policy community, elevating the voices and experiences of women activists, building skills, and ensuring the exchange of knowledge and resources. Our vision is a world founded on peace, equality and respect for pluralism.
Primary responsibilities are as follows:
- Manage the Executive Director’s schedule including travel, speaking engagements and meetings
- Manage the ED’s travel arrangements in coordination with travel agent and inviting organizers as relevant
- Ensure timely communication about and coordination of ED schedule with staff
- Prepare and ensure delivery of materials and publications for the ED’s events
- Coordinate regular meetings with Program Directors
- Manage a prioritized to do list of items submitted for review by staff
- Review and manage approval of expense reports, time sheets, and other forms submitted by directly reporting staff
- Reviewing contracts and coordinating payments with finance director;
- Collate information produced by the PD’s for grants and donor reports
- Assist with the ED’s external communications including setting up conference calls, monitoring email, and opening mail
- Provide proofreading support to ED as needed
- Draft and format letters on behalf of ED
- Compile and share ED event information with Communications Team
- Prepare ED’s expense report and manage receipts and reimbursements
- Monitor and provide basic technical support to ED (e.g. software updates, password recovery, etc.)
- File and retrieve documents on behalf of ED
- Must have permit to work in the US (ICAN cannot offer sponsorship)
- 7 years of professional experience with 3 years’ experience as executive assistant
- Self-motivated with knowledge of and enthusiasm for creating and managing workflow processes
- Previous experience as executive assistant or support to principal and familiarity with the non-profit sector
- High degree of professionalism and discipline
- Flexibility and patience to suit a dynamic and non-traditional working environment
- Strong inter-personal skills and respect for people with other cultures and backgrounds
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
The salary base for this role starts at $60,000 / annually and will be commensurate with experience.
Please send your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com.