ICAN seeks a bilingual Program Officer to offer grantmaking and partner support to the Innovative Peace Fund (IPF) program and the IPF Program Director.
The Innovative Peace Fund is a multi-donor facility that provides timely small and medium grants to support women-led organizations preventing and countering violent extremism, and promoting peace, resilience, equal rights, and pluralism (PREP). To date, the IPF has channeled more than 2 million USD to local WPS organizations across 20 countries globally.
The selected candidate will be responsible for assisting with the actual granting process, as well as with optimizing the impact of IPF-funded projects in their respective communities. This is done by providing strategic guidance and technical support to each partner organization. The Program Officer will also assist with other areas of ICAN’s innovative work, providing cross-cutting support at multiple levels.
Primary responsibilities may include any of the following:
- Coordinate all stages of grantmaking, including reviewing requests, conducting due diligence, completing risk assessments, and tracking grants;
- Work with the IPF Program Director to administer grantmaking system (i.e. database, tracking tools) and procedures, including preparation of relevant documents;
- Assist with review of both technical and financial proposals, which requires an understanding of logic models and performance measurement frameworks, as well as different monitoring and evaluation (M&E) frameworks;
- Communicate with grantee partners regarding program requirements, financial information, documentation to support program implementation, and to ensure smooth implementation of programs;
- Work under the oversight of the Finance Director to draft and issue contracts, facilitate wire transfers, and ensure that all grants are dispersed and recorded accurately, and reports are submitted on time;
- Draft program grant summaries to summarize mission and impact of each project;
- Work with ICAN team to ensure website and communications documents/material are up to date and reflective of current IPF practices and trends;
- Assist with the review of grantee reports to ensure compliance with contractual obligations, including monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of programs;
- Work closely with program staff to ensure the IPF program is well-documented and developed in accordance with ICAN’s mission and stated commitments; and
- Work closely with program staff to contribute to the implementation of ICAN’s grantmaking strategy to support current and new partner organizations.
- Communicate regularly with partners (English and/or Arabic) to ensure they are receiving necessary support and that IPF program requirements are being met;
- Work with the IPF Program Director to provide strategic guidance and technical assistance to each IPF partner;
- Translate and/or coordinate the translation of program related materials, including correspondence with partners;
- Organize trainings and technical assistance for partners as needed;
- Support drafting and creation of web and social media posts, presentations and publications to show the impact of the IPF program and partner work; and,
- Work with the Operations Officer under the direction of Program Directors to provide administrative and logistical support to ICAN programs as needed, including assisting with travel of ICAN partners.
- Passionate about ICAN’s mission, committed to teamwork, and achieving results;
- Experience with grantmaking processes, including budgets and M&E frameworks required;
- Fluency in Arabic required;
- Must be self-motivated, disciplined and flexible to suit a dynamic but non-traditional working environment;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment managing competing priorities and reprioritizing tasks as needed;
- Strong project management skills including ability to design work plans, manage multiple task and deadlines, and coordinate with multiple stakeholders while maintaining a firm grasp on individual project details;
- Graduate degree preferred in conflict resolution, peace studies, international relations, or other relevant field;
- Knowledge of gender, women, peace and security, and MENA/Asia studies;
- Strong understanding of the role of philanthropy in supporting local groups to realize social change;
- Ability to manage communications tactfully and professionally with high attention to detail and accuracy;
- Strong inter-personal skills and respect for people with other cultures and backgrounds;
- Previous experience with WordPress, Office 360, and social media platforms; and
- Must be willing to travel abroad.
Please send your CV along with a cover letter explaining why you would be suitable for this position to email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to next stage of selection process.