Women-led organizations worldwide are ending violence by educating, negotiating, channeling resources and preventing the rise of extremist groups, yet less than 1% of funds marked for gender equality reach women working in conflict settings (OECD 2015).
The Innovative Peace Fund is the only multi-donor fund, locally rooted and globally connected, that supports women building sustainable peace and pluralism at all levels. The IPF provides funds in a timely manner to women peacebuilders, providing an alternative mechanism to large international donors, to reduce funding obstacles and allowing for more flexible decision-making for women working in conflict zones.
- Women, Peace, and Security Act signed into law
- Women, Peace and Security in the Time of Corona
- Reintroducing the Women, Peace, and Security Act
- ICAN’s Sanam Naraghi Anderlini Appointed Director of LSE Centre for Women, Peace & Security
- ICAN and WASL Participated in the Tunis Forum on Gender Equality