In recognition for her work and for services to international peacebuilding and women’s rights, Sanam Naraghi Anderlini received the Member of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire (MBE) award.
Handed out twice a year in the UK, this special honour is given to recognise people’s “amazing achievements and service to the country”, and those making a positive impact in their line of work.
Commenting on the award, Ms. Anderlini said, “It’s an incredible honour to receive this recognition. I share it with all the women peacebuilders we partner with at ICAN. They are my inspiration.”
ICAN is especially pleased with the award as it comes during exceptionally tough times for most of our partners who work on peacebuilding. We hope that this recognition of the amazing work done by women peacebuilders paves the way for more cooperation and facilitation of their work.
- ICAN Partner Hanaa Edwar (Iraq) wins Arab Woman of the Year Award
- Mozn Hassan receives Charlotte Bunch Human Rights Defender Award
- Egyptian and Libyan Human Rights Defenders Receive Prestigious Recognition
- ICAN’s Sanam Naraghi-Anderlini and Colleagues Win Democracy In Action Award
- Sanam Naraghi Anderlini to Speak at Fireside Chat about WPS agenda