Since early April 2020, ICAN has been hosting a weekly virtual gathering of its partners in the Women’s Alliance for Security Leadership (WASL). For 90 minutes women peacebuilders (and a few men), many of whom are first responders to the Corona pandemic, speak of the situation in their countries, emerging threats, positive developments and always their own extraordinary response.
This is the news, and these are the views that are not on the news.
Trust, Truth, and Transforming Violent Extremism – January 28, 2021
Hope versus Extremism – How Women are Using Peacebuilding in the Covid-19 Crisis – September 3, 2020
A restart on the WPS Agenda – August 27, 2022
The Ever-Present Cycle of Conflict and Peace Making – July 7, 2020
The Importance of Global Connectivity in Peacebuilding – June 18, 2020
Ground Realities: Women, Peacebuilding & the Pandemic – April 23, 2020
How is the pandemic exacerbating xenophobia and extremisms? – April 16, 2020
Part II: How women peacebuilders are responding to COVID-19 – April 9, 2020
Part I: How women Peacebuilders are Responding to COVID-19? – April 2, 2020
- How are Women Peacebuilders Responding to Covid-19?
- ICAN and WASL Celebrated International Women’s Day with the UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office
- Announcing Publication of First WASL Brief in Series
- Preventing Violent Extremism, Protecting Rights and Community Policing
- GSX Workshop “Peacebuilding in the Age of Corona: What it Means and Why it Matters”