The ICAN team seeks a highly motivated Program Intern to work on a range of research, media, and communications tasks. This unpaid fall internship requires a minimum of 20 hrs/week and will run from August-December 2020 with a possibility of extension.
Primary responsibilities may include any of the following:
- Following conversations (articles, publications, twitter, etc.) on women, peace and security and the MENA/Asia region to share on social media and ICAN website;
- Conducting background research for programmatic development, publications and social media;
- Assisting in creating database hosting ICAN partner information and work;
- Assisting in promotion of ICAN social media;
- Providing basic administrative support to ICAN’s programs; and
- Assisting with other activities related to ICAN programs.
Desired Qualifications: graduate students and recent college graduates are invited to apply, current undergraduates may also be considered.
- Strong interpersonal skills and respect for people with other cultures and backgrounds;
- Knowledge of gender, peace and conflict, and Middle East, Africa, and Asia studies;
- Previous experience using WordPress, Medium, and social media platforms; and
- Proficiency in Arabic, Farsi, or French strongly preferred.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.