The ICAN team seeks a highly motivated Social Media and Communications Intern. This fall internship, which will be carried out virtually, requires a minimum of 20 hrs/week and will run from late August-December 2020 with a possibility of extension.
Primary responsibilities may include any of the following:
- Brainstorming content and campaign ideas to improve engagement and outreach;
- Increasing the number of followers on ICAN’s Twitter, Instagram & Facebook by following and engaging with new audiences;
- Assisting in production of content for ICAN’s social media;
- Following conversations (articles, publications, twitter, etc.) on women, peace and security to share on social media and ICAN website;
- Providing assistance with online events – taking notes and recording quotes;
- Tracking social media interaction and fanbase growth and providing communication team with monthly updates;
- Providing basic administrative support to ICAN’s programs; and
- Assisting with other activities related to ICAN programs.
Desired Qualifications: graduate students and recent college graduates are invited to apply, current undergraduates may also be considered.
- Strong interpersonal skills and respect for people with other cultures and backgrounds;
- Knowledge of gender, peace and conflict, and/or Middle East, Africa, and Asia studies;
- Strong experience with major social media platforms including Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, specifically around increasing following and engagement;
- Creative and positive attitude with ability to take initiative;
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills;
- Previous experience using Canva and other content creation sites, Adobe experience preferred;
- Proficiency in Arabic, Farsi, or French beneficial.
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by August 7 2020.