The ICAN team seeks a highly motivated Program Intern to work on a range of research, coordination and program tasks. This unpaid remote winter/spring internship requires a minimum of 20 hrs/week and will run from January to May 2021 with a possibility of extension.
Primary responsibilities may include any of the following:
- Conducting background research for programmatic development and publications;
- Assisting in creating database hosting ICAN partner information and work;
- Providing basic administrative support to ICAN’s programs;
- Assisting with other activities related to ICAN programs;
- Support the development of guidance materials and research documents for the purpose of practical guidance on operationalizing/localizing the WPS agenda;
- Support donor reporting for the team’s global programs; and
- Assist with the substantive and technical preparation and operations of meetings, workshops, and seminars.
Desired Qualifications: graduate students and recent college graduates are invited to apply; current undergraduates may also be considered.
- Strong interpersonal skills and respect for people with other cultures and backgrounds;
- Knowledge of gender, peace and conflict, and Middle East, Africa, and Asia studies;
- Previous experience using Microsoft Office, WordPress, Squarespace, and social media platforms;
- Proficiency in Arabic, Farsi, or French strongly preferred;
- Interest in and knowledge of global women’s issues; religion & peacebuilding; gendered leadership; and
- Excellent writing, research and analytic skills
Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by 15 December 2020.