We are currently looking for a creative and ambitious Social Media and Video Editor to join our team. Remote working, flexible hours and potential for part or full-time. Salary dependent on experience.
Primary responsibilities are as follows:
Digital Content Creation:
- Develop high-quality digital content, including creating exciting and engaging videos, GIFs, infographics and other social media content and marketing collateral;
- Trim and repackage event recordings;
- Compile, maintain, and develop ICAN’s archive of digital assets;
- Coordinate videography and photography for ICAN events and engagements;
- Document ICAN and partner events and carry out live coverage using Twitter, Facebook Live and Instagram Live/Stories;
- Assist in developing newsletters, partner interviews, and other brief written materials as needed.
Social Media Management & Digital Communications:
- Work alongside Communications Manager to brainstorm and plan content and campaign ideas to promote ICAN and partner events, resources, and publications;
- Help maintain ICAN’s social media presence (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn);
- Develop ICAN’s presence on social media, reaching new audiences and followers;
- Follow relevant conversations (articles, publications, social media, etc.) to share on social media and ICAN website;
- Track social media analytics (including reach and engagement) monthly and annually, and provide team with updates;
- Provide advocacy communications support and training to ICAN partners and coordinate future multimedia programs, as needed.
College graduates with 1-2 year’s work experience are invited to apply:
- Strong experience in video creation and editing, and interest in developing video content strategies;
- Experience in social media platforms including Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter;
- Experience in social media management and monitoring tools such as Hootsuite;
- Previous experience using Canva and other graphic design/content creation sites; knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite preferred;
- Keen interest in social media trends and online advocacy strategies;
- Strong interpersonal skills and respect for people with other cultures and backgrounds;
- Knowledge of gender, peace and conflict, international development and/or Middle East, Africa, and Asia studies beneficial;
- Creative and positive attitude with ability to take initiative;
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills;
- Proficiency in Arabic, Farsi, or French beneficial.
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and Cover Letter with relevant experience and why you want to work for ICAN to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include samples of your work (video content preferred) either as attachments or links.
Only application which include CV, Cover Letter and Samples will be considered.