Employment: Temporary (maternity leave replacement), Part-Time (up to 20 hrs. per week)
Application Deadline: December 5, 2022
The International Civil Society Action Network (ICAN) is a DC-based non-profit organization whose mission is to support civil society activism in promoting women’s rights, peace and human security in countries affected by conflict, transition and closed political space. ICAN supports women peacebuilders by connecting them to the policy community, elevating the voices and experiences of women activists, building skills, and ensuring the exchange of knowledge and resources. Our vision is a world founded on peace, equality and respect for pluralism.
Working closely with the Program Directors for the Innovative Peace Fund (IPF), the Better Peace Initiative (BPI), and the Women’s Alliance for Security Leadership (WASL), the part-time Program Officer will provide effective and efficient support (programmatic, administrative, and logistical as needed) to ensure smooth program delivery, particularly related to Afghanistan.
Primary responsibilities may include any of the following:
- Communicate regularly with partners (English and/or Farsi) to ensure they are receiving necessary support and that ICAN program requirements are being met;
- Assist in coordinating all stages of grantmaking in Afghanistan including reviewing proposals and requests, conducting due diligence, completing risk assessments, and tracking grants;
- Work with partners to develop project budgets and proposals, including corresponding monitoring and evaluation (M&E) plan, logic models and performance measurement frameworks;
- Assist with review of grantee reports to ensure compliance with contractual obligations, including proper implementation of M&E plans;
- Assist Financial Director in processing transfer of disbursements to Afghan partners;
- Provide technical assistance to partners, as needed;
- Communicate with partners regarding program requirements, financial information, documentation of their work, and to ensure smooth implementation of programs;
- Assist with development of advocacy and training materials;
- Assist with research, writing, documentation;
- Engage in international and US-based advocacy spaces pertaining particularly to women, peace and security in Afghanistan;
- Translate and/or coordinate the translation of program related materials, including correspondence with partners; and
- Support drafting and creation of web and social media posts, presentations, and publications to show the impact of the ICAN programs and partner work.
Reporting Structures and Qualifications
The Program Officer will report directly to the three Program Directors, depending on the tasks. BPI Program Director will approve Program Officer’s timesheets and expense reports.
- Strong Farsi Language skills;
- Strong English Language skills;
- Masters’ Degree;
- Minimum 2-3 years relevant professional experience;
- Strong research and writing skills;
- Strong facilitation and consensus-building skills;
- Proactive and self-motivated as well as a team player;
- Disciplined and flexible to suit a dynamic but non-traditional working environment;
- Strong inter-personal skills and respect for people from diverse backgrounds and cultures;
- Able to manage up, across and outward;
- US-based applicants must have a work permit.
Salary: $2500/ month
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.