April 12, 2022
8:00 - 9:30 (ET) / 14:00-15:30 (CET)
Invitation to Panel Discussion on the Perspectives of Women, Girls and LGBTQI People from Ukraine 12 April
Alice Bah Kuhnke, together with The Kvinna till Kvinna Foundation, wishes to invite you to a panel discussion on the needs and perspectives of women, girls and LGBTQI people from Ukraine, in the context of the ongoing war. Panellists will discuss the humanitarian needs of these groups, issues related to supporting feminist human rights defenders and civil society organisations, the Women, Peace and Security agenda, and feminist and LGBTQI perspectives in the current context.
The Ukrainian panellists include:
- Marina Usmanova, Director, INSHA - Queer Feminist Organisation from Kherson, Ukraine
- Oksana Potapova, Feminist Researcher, Women’s Rights and Peace Activist, Co-Founder of ‘Theatre for Dialogue’NGO
- Olena Shevchenko, Executive Director, Insight-NGO, focused on LGBTQI rights in Ukraine
- Marta Chumalo, Deputy-Head and Co-Founder, Centre Women’s Perspectives, Lviv
- Nina Potarska, Ukraine National Coordinator, Women’s International League for Peace and Freedom
This will be followed by interventions from:
- Stella Ronner-Grubračić, Ambassador for Gender and Diversity at the European External Action Service
- Alice Bah-Kuhnke, Member of European Parliament
- Irène Tollert, Member of European Parliament
- Martin Taschner, Head of Unit Southeast Europe and Eastern Neighbourhood at DG ECHO
The panel will be moderated by Petra Tötterman Andorff, Secretary General of The Kvinna till Kvinna Foundation.
The panel discussion will be held remotely using Zoom on 12 April, 14:00 -15:30 Brussels time / 15:00 – 16:30 Kyiv time. Ukrainian and Russian interpretation will be available.
Please join us for this important discussion and register for the event here.
We will share connection details and a calendar invitation prior to the event.