On 26 February 2019, ICAN’s ED Sanam Naraghi Anderlini will speak at the Doha Debates on the global refugee crisis. The debate hosted at the Northwestern University in Qatar is the first live event by the Doha Debates, and will be live streamed on Twitter.
The debut of the Doha Debates series will examine how best to solve the global refugee crisis, which has led to more than 25 million people being forcibly displaced across borders. The movement of people fleeing violence, persecution, human rights violations and natural disasters, and their obstacles to resettlement; a crisis considered to be one of the world’s biggest challenges.
The debate’s participants are:
- Sanam Naraghi-Anderlini: ICAN’s founder and executive director will serve as the debate’s bridge-building “connector”.
- Muzoon Almellehan: Syrian refugee and education activist. Muzoon is working to empower and advocate for refugees, especially girls, and their access to the education they deserve.
- Marc Lamont Hill: American professor of Media, Cities and Solutions at Temple University. An activist and award-winning journalist, Marc was until recently a commentator at CNN. He is the author or co-author of four books, including a New York Times bestseller.
- Douglas Murray: British author, award-winning journalist and political commentator. Douglas’ latest book, The Strange Death of Europe: Immigration, Identity, Islam, was a No. 1 bestseller in nonfiction. It has subsequently been published in more than 20 languages worldwide.
International journalist Ghida Fakhry will moderate the first season’s debates. Nelufar Hedayat, an Afghan refugee, international journalist and documentary maker, is the digital host for the debate livestreams.
Watch the livestream exclusively on Twitter @DohaDebates at 6 p.m. Qatar time, GMT +3 hours, EST +8 hours.
Join the conversation using the hashtag #DearWorld.
- Sanam Naraghi Anderlini to Speak at Fireside Chat about WPS agenda
- “The Problem Facing Transformative Change is Inertia,” Sanam Naraghi Anderlini at the Berlin Fireside Chat
- ICAN’s Sanam Naraghi Anderlini Addresses UN at 6th Review of the UN Counter Terrorism Strategy
- Sanam Anderlini and Halima Mohamed Featured Speakers at UN Group of Friends of PVE
- Global Solutions Exchange (GSX) workshop convened by ICAN and UNDP to address the disengagement, rehabilitation and reintegration of women and girls associated with violent extremism